The GSLP Liberals have always sought to give back to those who have given so much to Gibraltar. That is why the GSLP Liberals have focussed so much on catering to the needs of the elderly.
By constructing suitable housing, such as Charles Bruzon House, Hillside and Bella Vista Care Centre and the future private pensioner flats which are in progress, we have significantly improved accommodation options available to our elderly. We have also assisted our elderly with any structural works necessary to make their existing accommodation more comfortable and accessible to them.
- Creation of Inter-ministerial committee on the Elderly
- All requests for bath to shower conversions in the Elderly homes were completed.
The GSLP Liberals have worked tirelessly to ensure that individuals with any form of disability is properly catered for. Significant efforts and resources have been spent meeting with different stakeholders and carrying out much needed works to improve accessibility.
We acknowledge that there is still a lot of work to do but are proud of the work we have done to date which has made Gibraltar more accessible it has ever been. To make sure the needs of those with disabilities are catered for in the future, we have enacted the Disability Act which is modelled on the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. This Act gives owners of any buildings or premises open to the general public the responsibility to make them more accessible and inclusive.
- Disability Act Introduced
- GASA Site Improved
- Increased Disability Allowance
- Beaches Accessibility Improved
- Teacher Support Training
- Event Accessibility Improvement
- Public Awareness & Training
- Inclusive Cinema Screenings
- Gibraltar Fair Disabled Access Improved
- British Sign Language Recognised