The GSLP/Liberals was the first Government in Gibraltar’s history to create a Ministry for Equality in order to demonstrate our commitment towards equality in Gibraltar. The Hon. Samantha Sacramento is therefore Gibraltar’s first ever Minister for Equality, a role which she has proudly held and is dedicated to upholding equality principles and eliminating all forms of discrimination.
- Civil Marriages Amendment Act passed in 2016
- Homophobic Hate Crime and Speech now aggravated offences
- First ever statutory paternity and/or parental leave being examined
- Gibraltar’s first ever symposium on disability
- Disability Act passed
- Published a Bill to amend the Marriage Act to delete Section 6B and therefore ensure that all couples are entitled to have their marriages performed by the Deputy Registrar
- First ever Pride March in Gibraltar’s History