The Government, with great concern, confirms that there is an outbreak of COVID-19 cases within Albert Risso Elderly Residential Block.
These cases have been detected as a result of Contact Tracing investigation linking some of these cases with two events mainly organised by residents of this estate.
In order to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, residents are being asked to remain in bubbles to safeguard and prevent any further exposure. All positives, as well as their close contacts, remain in isolated areas.
The following strict Public Health measures will be implemented with immediate effect to reduce the spread of the virus within Albert Risso House:
- Increased screening will be carried out for all residents to identify the spread and control any further transmission.
- All day rooms and common areas will be closed until further notice.
- All events within the Elderly Residential estate are suspended.
- Sanitisation of all common areas to be enhanced.
- Mask within common areas to be worn at all times.
- Visitors will have to prove full vaccination status or alternatively have a negative result on a Lateral Flow Test within 48hrs of the visit. A symptom check will be carried out on entry to the building.
Residents are encouraged to limit their movements and keep their social engagements and contacts to a minimum to avoid further spread.
The situation is continuously monitored by Public Health and measures will be increased or relaxed as conditions vary.
The safety and well-being of our elderly residents remains our top priority and we will continue to use all the resources available to us to protect them and keep them safe.